2.06.2010

Cara's Easy Cheesy Pancake Recipe... YUM!

Hey all... I tried Cara's recipe for "easy cheesy pancakes"... and although I made some adjustments to the recipe on my end, I think it is worth sharing... YUM!
Cheese Pancakes...
  • 1/4 C. Ricotta Cheese
  • 1/4 C. Cottage Cheese
  • 1 Egg
  • 1/4 to 1/2 C. French's Fried Onions (Cara used regular onions)
  • 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons breadcrumbs (Cara's calls for flour)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Cooking spray
Combine the cottage & ricotta cheeses, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, onions and salt/pepper in a small bowl. Stir 'till well mixed. The actual batter will be quite thick - not like normal batter. Spray a frying pan again and drop in half the mixture - it makes 2 pancakes. Cook on each side, I like my things done well, so I did about 5 mins per side. Makes 1 serve.
Cara's recipe was 250 calories and 22 grams of protein. I'm figuring mine for about 300 calories and 18 grams of protein (less protein in ricotta than cottage cheese but I like the consistency). Next time I think I'll try some other spices (maybe dill?)... but it was really yummy and I am FULL! In fact, I couldn't finish the 2nd pancake - my DH and DD were happy to help me along with that! Definitely a keeper for a quick lunch or dinner.

4 comments:

THE DASH! said...

lol Go you for mixing up that recipe - I am now going to try yours... that said, in truth.. I pinched it off someone else.. so it's hers.. but its a fab one for sure. Really fills us up. xxx

Jacquie said...

I tried it last night and it is delish! Unfortunately, I ate THE WHOLE THING! Hopefully, this will not be the case when I get my band on 3/24!

You look great by the way!

Julie said...

Hi Sarah! happy you found my blog :) I will follow your journey as well. your weight loss so far is really amazing, I hope I will do as good. have a good sunday :)

Bianca said...

Thanks for the recipe, I'm going to make this for lunch today.

You look amazing!